Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pensively Passing Time



As the colours of fall are sneaking up on us all, leading us into winter,
I shudder at the thought of salt, sleet and mile high snowbanks but
it is upon us, no doubts. I got to spend some time with an old
Cobourg buddy this morning who is starting out at Brock U, here in
St. Kits, and it was good. He used to be in one of my youth smallgroups
(imagine me, a youth pastor type) in the burg and it had been a while
since we caught up. I'm thankful he's around for he's one more person
in this town that I know and who does not always want to talk about
female anatomy, the 'rippers' and gettin hammered.

I'm thinkin about my friend Jon right now. If you all could pray for him,
it's been rough lately with the news of his grandpa passing on. Having
the same sort of ordeal happen to me last spring, I know the shock
and weight news like that can carry. SO pray for and think about him
if ya could.

Had another smallgroup meeting last night. It was fan-diddly-tastic.
Only 5 of us but the urge to go deeper and commit to each other and
god in community is there. It's cool to see it all unfolding. Well, another
week of work fires up today, 5 more days of days of late night walks
home, watching my breath and thinking about getting another job,
not seeing much of sarah, and just general october boring shyte.
But I'l get through it. Because come disease or shortfall, I know that
every moment I have here is gain. Each breath, each wake-up from sleeping,
each coffee, each sunset. He came to give us life and life to the full.

Pizz-out.

website statistics