Saturday, May 22, 2004

postCount('<$BlogItemNumber$>');

where have all the bloggers gone?

It seems than Jonny and Erich have faded in the
wayside recently and I am left in the aftermath
of dung hens and dicklocks. Had to quote the old
Bubs from TP boys, there. Dang, that is a cursed
yet altogether 'too funny for life' kind of show.

So I'm sitting here, in my boss's office in
Cobourg wondering where the shlitz it all goes.
We are all so much in a rush, as humans, to get
things done, knock another to-do line off our
proverbial lists, and get on with what's next.
Dave Grohl speaks of this somewhat existential
cycle in 'All My Life' in the redundant ending
phrase of the song; 'done, done, on to the next
one.'

I'm actually excited to get married now, which
is good because I was a little scared for a
while. I think half the problem is my brain.
I have a brain like most of my blogging friends;
insanely hyperactive. Tugging at my body all day
as would an sugared-up hypoglycemic child.
Sometimes, man, I think Jesus and all his homies
would slug back a few pints at the end of a long,
hot day because they knew the perils of an untamed
brain.

Not saying you need to drink, no. Don't get
loose on me. All I'm saying is that I think too
much about useless crap - the 'whatifs' and
'downtheroads' when I should be focused on the
'hereandnows'. Here and now has so much for me,
and yet I fall astray. I fall victim to the
glittery, plastic Vegas of tomorrow when the
natural, creationary beauty of today stands in
front of my face like a Giant Pine, poking its
budding pince cones into my ocular sockets.

I really love Sarah. I don't mean to wax about
her, and I often don't, but man, if you don't
appreciate what you have in this life, while
you have it, you're fucked. You will always be
attracted by the 'whycantihavemores' and the
'ivegotsomebutnotalliwants'. That way of
thinking is a one way ticket to dones-ville.

I don't even care if Sarah and I are broke as
spokes. We'll have each other and a loving
Father guiding us through. Not to say there
won't be pain, or there won't be hurt and
filth - of course all that will still be there
- but the effects of the damage will be
lessened, and hearts weakened, by attitude,
care and hard love.

Yep, life sucks, but its our view of it
that can be so sweet, sweet granny smith apple.
Sorry for all the down-and-outers or if my
words offend your sorrow. I am who I am and
I am realizing, for the first time, that I don't
need to apologize for that any fuckin more.

website statistics