Friday, February 20, 2009

An Indescribable Day

Today is still peaking. A day off brings new things and reconcilings.
I had the chance to meet up with a good homie and chat for a while
about all things important. These are the moments I treasure.

I don't like where the North American church is heading. I really
don't. I also don't know about its massive counter-movement in
the form of dumpster-diving beardies who drive vans fueled by
vegetable oil. I'm somewhere in the middle. I find it hard to
grasp the notion that the church (at least the Christian one) has
fallen so far away from what its roots are supposed to be tied to:
the bible. If you've ever read the bible, it's not a nice bedtime 
story. It's fuckin' weird. It's filled with strange verbiage and
people who did both horrendous and amazing things. It's 
supposedly the 'inspired word of God'. That's a hard thing to pin
down. 

The craziest notion about scripture (and all of the weirdos that 
it draws out of the woodwork) is that no matter where you look,
in any given culture or religious framework, no one has bad 
things to say about Jesus. The church? Absolutely. But Jesus?
Muslim tradition text-marks Jesus as a great prophet and a
great man. 

Whatever. It's all weird, man.

website statistics