Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ballad of the DayShifter


IT has happened upon me recently that i may, in fact, be able to get
a daytime shift for next quarter. This would be a massive blessing
to both my personal and married life because as it stands, currently,
I do not get to see my wife at all. I work 3:30 to midnite, home by 12:30,
and she's asleep when I get there. Imagine the concept of actually
having evenings free. I shudder to think at the possibilities. Needless
to say, I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation, but it may not
even happen, so I won't get my hopes up.

Other than that apple, I'm still on the tree for the most part. Most of
the Christmas shopping has been exhausted, along with the
economic resources that make the shopping possible. I'm tired
of my usual 'this holiday is so materialistic' banter so I won't stoop to that
level but just remember, this crazy season, that we must all allow
ourselves a 'time-out' or two to reflect and ponder. What it is you
ponder is obviously up to you, but self worth is a good place to start.

YOU HAVE A MEANING AND A PURPOSE.

website statistics