Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time Shifting

These days are going by in a flurry of light, sound, schedules and clock-staring. It sounds like a cliched conundrum but I really do have very little time for anything.

Time to sleep. Time to eat. Time to pump out production.
Time to make hay while the sun shines.

 I've started interning at the CBC and really, I do like it. Great people. Great experience. I slept a lot this past weekend (which would explain why I'm awake now) and I had some good down time.

But...

My guitar collects dust.
My ideas for films sit in a rusty, steel idea drawer.
My desire to write or be creative dwindles in the lure of basic function.

My hours are absorbed.
My minutes crumble.

I do what I need to get done. I move from point A to point B...and then back again.

The work week is not ideal. I know it's real life and everyone says "it's something you must get accustomed to" but damn - does it ever stop? Leaving early and getting home late? Watching the day burn outside while you're corralled in a bullpen?

I'm having a hard time transitioning from the lofty, surreal student life into the professional schedule. There's a disconnect.

Have I come to where I want to be?

We'll have to find out.

'Hopefully, we can jump the rift
and watch the rivers of responsibility finally shift.'

website statistics