Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Electrocuted By A Fence and Attacked By A Cow

I just had lunch with this guy. What a nutbar! Xander
is one of those guys who gives you a constant stream of
consciousness as opposed to the usual get-to-know-ya
chit chat. He's pretty hilarious and very intellectual.
Luckily, I've been able to get to know him a on a bit of
a deeper level this year as we both work part time for
Ecclesiax Church. He told me a funny story today
about being attacked by a cow and getting repeatedly
zapped by an electric fence while trying to get away from
charging cows (in the darkness of night). I won't
say where this happened so as not to incriminate
poor Xander or any of his electrocuted cronies.

God bless his little heart.

It hasn't stopped snowing since I left for work this
morning. I feel a bit of a winter malaise. My sickness/
head mucus has been drained out (for the most part)
but now I sort of feel helpless to the drone of winter.
It continues to beckon. Window ledges fill with cold,
white fluff. I long for patio season...but there's a long,
long way to go before that gets here.

In the distance, a church bell chimes. An old man
stumbles as he searches for the curb of a snow-lacquered
sidewalk. Snow falls lazily beyond the frosted glass
of my window. I can hear a metal band recording some
sort of loud vocal track in the basement. My
calculator is broken. My sides are constantly itchy due
to scaly winter-skin dryness.

We all want redemption.

website statistics