Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Good To Feel Like

It's funny how a quick skate on the Canal can cure what ails you. I hadn't
skated before tonight in over a decade (needless to say I was a little
nervous) but it went alright. I had been feeling kinda sick all day until
Sarah, Landon and myself decided to go for wings. Fancy that. Some
extra hot wings and a skate on the canal helped my system to normalize.

Overall, today has been a good day. I don't get days off too often which
makes tuesday into a very special day. Sarah and I slept in, made some
seriously dark coffee, watched most of The Royal Tenebaums 
(which I just bought on ebay for $10, shipping included), bought some
new skates at Play It Again, ate a tasty sandwich at a place called 
'Nuts About Life' on Bank St, picked up Landon, got some fiery wings
at the Arrow & the Loon, got a phone call from Caleb and hit the
canal. 

I forgot how sore your feet first get after skating. 

I better go upstairs and watch some lame-ass American Idol. 

Here's to those of us who aren't scared to let our birds out of their
cages.

'Go, Mordecai!'

website statistics