Sunday, January 25, 2009

Greasy And Gross

So I just back from Montreal and I'm finding out that haters and non-
believers have posted undeniably ridiculous comments on my blog
about A. microphone etiquette and B. how I've 'failed in my quest'
because I haven't 'written' a blog every day.

Ya know what? In the words of Rob Lowe in 'Tommy Boy': "Screw you. 
Screw all of ya!!" I never set any specific parameters about what type
of blog I would submit and by my calculation, I have not failed in this
quest because I have blogged EVERY day this year (yesterday's blog
was posted on gabcast via phone at 9 pm and was uploaded before
midnight...so it counts!).  I'm not saying that I won't fail - but I
haven't yet so start believing, alright?

Montreal was eventful and joyous (as per usual). Graven is getting
tighter with each hour spent blasting out sound epiphanies. Even
if nothing happens with Graven (in terms of success), I have zero
regrets about the time and trips spent with my wife, great friends 
and creating music together. McKibbon's Pub was a gloriously dark
atmosphere for all of us to unwind within last night (and they
also provided a few frosty flagons of Smithwick's and other 
Irish brews). An acoustic cover band opened their set with Neil
Young's 'Heart Of Gold' (I feel sorry for that man due to the
amount of Canadian bar-goers who have butchered that song)
and we all sat in enjoyment of one another. 

Right now, I feel greasy and gross. I need to shower but I'm 
doing nothing to take care of that need. Our apartment is messy.
The sun is staying out a little longer. The tie that I wore to the
bar on friday night is strewn on the arm of the couch. Luca is 
falling asleep on the army crate that is our coffee table. 

Thanks Dad...for days like these.

website statistics