Wednesday, January 14, 2004


I want love, just the same, in a town where no one knows my name.

Those are lyrics from a song written by a girl who recently moved out east with her homeboy. She has been a good friend for a long time and I guess it's hit me recently that she will be missed. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Venting in the threat of effigy.

I went to Florida over New Years with my girl and another friend from camp. Our time there seemed to pass by with the utmost swiftness. I guess that's the grasp of reality - you can never truly escape it for too long...unless you do alot of drugs...and then you're just a corpse.

Saint Augustine was one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. Apparently, it's one of the oldest in North America. The streets and feel of the town is more European than North American; narrow, cobblestone streets with TONS of white Christmas lights schematically strewn across most every building, palm trees encased in tiny courtyards, sand and shell stone buildings and monuments, coffee shops on every corner....beautiful.
I wish that I'd had two weeks or so to spend there, but alas, the ails of working all the time and having no money can only allow for a much shorter vacation.

I had a thought that occurred to me once at SUMMERSAULT 2000 tour at the Rideau Carleton Racetrack as Our Lady Peace was playing their 'Superman' song to a raucous, youthful crowd of thousands awaiting the Smashing Pumpkins. That thought was this; Even though this place is crazy right now, and I mean crazy, kids on massive amounts of drugs, sexual innuendos galore, shameless material capitalism, insanely loud music with screaming vocalists...is God absent? Can God not be here as well?

to be continued...

website statistics