Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hoppy Beers & BC

I've always liked Hoppy beers. There's something about the spicy, wheaty
bite of a beer brewed with the right amount of hops. It's refreshing but it also
sticks to your tongue and mouth in a beautiful dance of flavour.

Out in BC, I experienced some of the best hops filled beers that I've
ever had. In fact, at this one pub we played (called the Howe Sound
Brew Pub), there was a seasonal brew called 'Total Eclipse Of The Hop'.
I was in Heaven. Another beer that was served to me from Trish's snow
filled deck by her super cool husband was called 'Hop Circle IPA' by
a microbrew company called Phillips. It was tasty and punchy.

Nowadays, in Northumberland, I'm lucky if I find a pub that serves
Rickards Red (over-carbonated to boot).

Oh BC. Come back to me.

website statistics