Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gandalf and Sirloin Burgers
Today was a good day - not an amazing day or the best 24 hour
span of my disenchanted lifetime - but it was just simply and
magnanimously good. It started with a late sleep and a theatre
flick with me and Sarah. Although it was not the best movie
I'd ever seen, it was enjoyable and somewhat humourous.
After the film, we grabbed some sirloin and cheese-embedded
burgers and had a little bbq with some friends - HP, L-dog,
O-dog, Jon Blooms, me, Sare, Chrissy, Mitchell and JpS were
all there in attendance. The meat flowed and sizzled. Cold
frothies were passed around on the back deck of my parents'
pad. We chatted - laughed - and lived. Sarah and I have been
taking care of a friend's dog all weekend. Max (the silly
spaniel/terrier) ran around on the back deck and entertained
all in attendance. We discussed softball, politics and religion.
Afterwards, we cleaned up and came back to James Street
all pumped up to watch LOTR 1 (The Fellowship) with O, L
and M. We got 45 mins in and all of us were dozing off from
meat overload.

It is now 10:50 pm and I am ready to hit the sack.

A new week begins - shows, shrapnel and sherman tanks
of love.

website statistics