Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Me A Little Patience
I had friends all through grade school and junior high who LOVED
(and I mean LOVED) GNR. Tapes were passed through classrooms
like pot leaves at a refinery. To be totally and one hundred percent
honest, though, I never NEVER got into GNR.

I believed that there was something 'wrong' with the way that Axl
and crew played their songs. I thought it was disparate - fake and
disconnected from reality. Everything from the swooning croon of
Axl's whiny, tortured voice told me that I was not cut out to be a
fan of this band.

The song 'Patience', however, was something of an anomaly. It
made me see through some of the detritus of what I found this
band to be. The chunky acoustic strum coupled with the melodic
vocals helped me to see a partial light.

Patience is hard.

website statistics