Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hate Mongering


I'm against hatred. Hatred (as defined by Webster's) is 'Strong 
aversion; intense dislike; hate; an affection of the mind awakened by 
something regarded as evil.' I don't know that hatred ever does any
good...for any of us. I guess I see hatred as a fixed state - an 
unchangeable feeling. I don't see anything wrong with dislike 
because sometimes we just don't like people...or we dislike someone
who we thought we liked only to like them more down the road.
Hatred is usually provoked by repeated action - it doesn't usually
manifest out of the blue.

There has been a bit of hate mongering going on in my past few
blogs and if I helped to perpetuate or fuel anyone's hatred, I am
sorry. That's not what I want to spend my life doing. There were a 
few comments flying around that were not very constructive. If we
can't help construct when we dislike, we move easily into hatred
which is all about destroying and defaming. 

Hatred is a waste of time and something that feeds and fuels many.
It allows one to stay in a stuck position without any argument. I
even think that debating causes hatred for debating itself only
tends to cause those who debate each other to become deeper
entrenched into their initial views. When have you ever seen an
accomplished/educational debate come to an understanding or
middle ground? I saw many debates in University and watched
older men and women stick to their guns...but to what avail?

Hatred is largely emotionally based as within hatred, one's 
emotions get the better of their inclination to reason.

I want nothing to do with hate, if I can help it. Life is too short.

I'm sorry.

website statistics