Friday, January 02, 2009

Comfort Creatures


It's weird how we get set into our little, strange patterns. Us
humans are messed up that way. For instance, if I blog from
my new mac as opposed to my old PC, it's a totally different
feel. The keys on the mac are very soft and inviting and almost
caress my hand as I write. The little white keys are finger
pillows. My PC, on the other hand, has a clunky old compaq
keyboard and a monitor (that I picked up for free on the side
of the road) that randomly blacks out once in a while. The PC,
though, is still a part of my life and I am writing from it today.
My keystrokes create echoing clicks throughout the apartment.
PC blogging makes me feel a little more distinguished.

I have to work today. I will be leaving around 3:30 pm to get
to the bar on time. My other job starts back up next monday.
People everywhere in North America are assessing all of the
turkey, stuffing and buttered yams they've ingested over the
last few weeks and are looking to the long, cold road ahead.

The snow is falling lazily outside.

I hear it's raining in New York.

website statistics