Monday, December 01, 2008

Just For The Dang Heck Of It
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/2686837-Hogsback_Park_in_the_Winter_time-Ottawa.jpg

You better watch out...You better not pout. I love the morality
behind Christmas. It's sort of hilarious that we are taught,
from a young age, to be 'good' to people so that we can be
rewarded by a fat, red-suited man who will slide down
our dirty chimney and leave us material posessions. It's
so North American. No wonder our economy is where it
is. No one is ever satisfied and we have not, as culture,
embraced the ideal of living within our means (although,
to be honest, if John McCain called me and asked me if
he could buy out my credit card, I'd vote for him...even
though I'm Canadian.)

This morning was a slushy, sloppy walk to work. My
feet are still drying out. The weather has been pretty
dismal for a while, now. Last tuesday, it rained all day and
I spent the day indoors (after hearing about two people
being shot and killed in my brother's building) watching
'No Country For Old Men'. I didn't feel too excitable.

Seeing 'Stars' live in Ottawa last week was quite an
experience. I had seen Amy Millan do a solo performance
before but I had never seen the likes of Torq Campbell
on stage. That guy is brimming with enthusiasm and
passion and there was something about him (although a
little soap-boxy at times) that enticed me. There was
something about his aura that suggested 'I am not willing
to do anything else - I live, sleep, eat and breathe music.'

It was awe-inspiring.

I'm gonna try to write a little more frequently on this
thing (even if it's just a brainfart, here and there).

Christmas comes
Fill the slums
Glass coffee cups and pudding plums

Candy canes
Icy lanes
It's all corrupt - it's all insane.

website statistics