Tuesday, August 15, 2006

No Quarter



My last few blogs have been post-modernistic dead-tech rants of
some sort that have taken a heap out of me. I know
what Todd feels like in the sense that when you blog, you
always feel like it has to be good, noteworthy or epiphanal.
But I don't feel epiphanal today. I'm just working, trying to
stay alive and beat the heat.

I think that depression, anxiety and stress are all integrally
linked. If you have a job you like, or at least spend your
days doing something minutely meaningful by your own
standards, stress is not necessarily a bad thing - it just
means there is a lot to do but you don't mind doing it and
have the underlying knowledge that it will get done.
On the flipside, however, if you LOATHE your job or occupation
and find no meaning or intrinsic value in your means to
obtain monetary re-imbursement, stress is always a bad
thing because it signifies more BAD things to do that constantly
pile up and wait for no man. Thus, this kind of bad stress
leads to anxiety because you get the feeling of 'there
is much to do and how can i cope when i hate doing it'
ultimately leading to a 'what am i doing with my life' type
statement - depression.

And there you have it.

website statistics