Saturday, January 22, 2011

Before You Leave

Thrush Hermit at Lee's Palace
Wait - don't leave - I'm still here. Finishing up this domestic beer.
I know you're ready to go - but this bottle of 50 holds me close.
Like a warm winter hug - filled with movies and laughter
Let's all rent a cabin - we'll jump as high as the rafters.
And party 'til the call of the loon.
Under that cold winter Wolfe Lake moon.

Sorry I've been laggin' behind - you're dressed for success and
I can't even find
One pair of decent slacks - I tend to hang out with folks who
dress like lumberjacks
They don't wear business vests or shiny suit jackets
They smoke like banshees and they make loud rackets
With guitars and drums and bass, too
Under that cold winter Wolfe Lake moon.

Under that cold winter Wolfe Lake moon.

website statistics