Sunday, August 30, 2009

Inglourious Basterding All Over You
Whoever said that Tarantino was washed up can now go hide under
a giant boulder in the Mohave Desert for 900 years. I have to admit
that I, myself, thought he was on his way out with such bores as
the Kill Bill sagas and Hero. His newest offering is the most
well-made piece of cinema that I've seen in probably close to a
decade. The man does his research and recruits actors like sports
nerds collect Gary Carter's homerun stats from 1983.

I just watched it, for the second time, in Cobourg last night with
Sarah and her sister and bro-in-law. Even on a smaller mall screen
with very normal sound amplification, the experience was just as
fruitful. This is a film for film lovers and historians. Much like
hearing a great speaker, you always learn something from QT
films.

A walk downtown and a shower is good for the soul.

website statistics