Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wolfhead
I've been playing bass in a side project band for my friend Dave
Norris and Local Ivan for a while, now. I really like the shift in
musical direction in filling a gap and knowing my role. Sometimes,
when I run every aspect of artistic direction, it gets tiring. It's
nice to be able to shift gears, instrumentally, and just do what
I'm told.

Dave is a great song-writer and I've been privileged to be a part of
'Local Ivan' (his band). One of his songs (which he usually just
plays solo with an acoustic) is called 'Wolfhead' and it has been
stuck in my head for a few days. It has a lazy, summery,
sentimental feel and I love the way it flows so simply.

I don't why the song is called 'Wolfhead' but the lyrics speak of
a wolf's head that hangs over the singer, in a sort of comforting
fashion. It seems juxtapositional but maybe that's why I like it.

website statistics