Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dirty Deeds
http://www.suzannesutton.com/_borders/anguish.jpg
Sometimes, I weep over some of the stupid crap that I do.
It makes me wonder about redemption. I think about the
cyclical stupidity that I go through, in any given day or
week, and I wonder if I've gone too far.

I've laughed at people who I should have helped.

I've wasted my time and energy on useless pursuits.

I've pretended to be somebody other than myself.

I've broken the law, time and time again.

I've lived inside a fantasy world for too long.

In truth, there are some things I have done which I will
most likely never tell any living soul about because
they are so warped.

And so, if I truly believe all of this Christly stuff I preach,
I have to believe in the concept of grace -but even though
I feel relieved, I have this sneaking suspicion that all of
my malicious deeds will be broadcast on a silver screen
for all of my loved ones in the next life.

I guess, though, having things out in the open and ugly
and exposed is better than having them locked up and
decaying in a closet in my soul.

...it has been written...
39
One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the

Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while

you’re at it!”

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when

you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes,

but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.”42 Then he said, “Jesus,

remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in

paradise.” (Luke 23:39-43, NLT)


website statistics