Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day Of Rest And Thoughts


Sometimes, you need a day.

We get busy and wrapped up in plans and nonsensical future-wrapped thinking, and we often miss that frosted glow that's shining right at our stupid faces - because we think a better one is coming.

I have forgotten how much fulfilment I can get from just cleaning my room, doing laundry and listening to songs that I haven't heard in a while. I get awfully social at times, but there are moments where I really enjoy the release of being alone and letting my computer churn through a few playlists. Death Cab has put out a few of those stinger tunes over the years. There is something unique about the faraway sadness and yearning in Gibbard's voice that draws me in close. I immediately get pensive and sentimental, and I smile.

It looks like I'm going through another shift. Work at the yard is slowing, and so I need to reconsider and reevaluate my next steps. The winter is morphing into something else. I am finding time to craft some songs that I've neglected for a while. I'm trying to put in the needed work to feel like I've cranked out something worthwhile and poetically reaching.

Yes - I'll do my best to be in this moment - but I'll make some plans while I'm here.

website statistics