Thursday, April 14, 2011

When It All Comes Down


When the bright lights flash and the spotlight comes,
I want to find a corner with a guitar to strum
When the trumpets blare and the red carpet rolls,
I want to light a smoke and take an evening stroll.

Recognition is a strange beast. I don't know if I like it or secretly
try to avoid it. I've had moments in my life, especially in Christian
circles, where I've been raised up many and somehow elevated to
a luminous plateau. I've never been comfortable with that.

I mean don't get me wrong - recognition is nice if you are truly
helping people and doing the work and getting your hands dirty.
A lot of the time, though, I long for the woods. I yearn for the
country over the city.

I will always be the one who wants to leave.

website statistics