Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Lying On The Grass


























So here we are. So much has happened and yet so much is still the same.
In Joel Plaskett's song 'You Let Me Down', a time is spoken of where Joel
is 'lying on the grass - staring at the sun'. It's a pastoral image that sticks
with you because it is universal. Joel has an ability to write songs that
stick in the subconscious because, although they are personal experiences
to him, they are galactic in their scope and relational ability.

The above picture was taken, by me, last tax season. I don't feel much
different but the experiences I have accrued since last April have in some
way shaped me - changed me. I experienced a pretty rough summer last
year and I felt cooped up quite a bit in the town of Port Hope. I will be
spending summer there again but I'm hoping that this summer will be
different and full of activities, sports, songwriting and leisure.

The way you go into something (i.e. a season) is often the way you come
out of it. Life is attitude-esque most of the time; we make our own
destiny. This tax season has been tiring so far and my energy has been
sapped - but I'm still here. Making it happen.

I need to lie on the grass for a while.

website statistics