Saturday, March 12, 2011

North West and South





















To live a snippet of the life of the main character of Almost Famous (the
enemy) really makes you understand the life of a band and being with
that band. To really love music and to not get sick of hearing the same
songs 5 nights in a row says something of the core of a songwriter. I
went into this wondering if my admiration and respect for Plaskett and
The Emergency would wane - but it didn't. It grew - and grew and grew
(to be Three-like).

If Journalism is really all about objectivity, then I'm not sure if I'll ever
be an amazing journalist because I love certain things and I want that
love and passion to flow through my pen and be portrayed to others. I
think that if you can back up that love, with facts and interesting stories
and relational thought, then it still makes me a good writer. For what is
writing without love?

I learned a lot about the industry from this trip - and the dynamics of a
hard-working band - and some of the hardships involved. I'd like to say
that I became better friends with Marsh and especially Joel - and I
think that I can.

I see a future of doing this more often. I see a future of support and
passion.

I point my compass - and I follow.

website statistics