Monday, June 14, 2010

Winds Of Change
In 1993, I played a gig in the basement rock venue in Ottawa which at that
time was called 'The Pit' (I believe it was located beneath the old On Tap).
I was in a band called Natural Bridge with my friends Jeff, Mark, Brian
and Jason. We played mostly AC/DC covers with a few originals thrown
in. The weird thing, though, was that this was mostly a folksy venue as
the act before us (which featured my old school friend named April)
was an acoustic duo. They played a song called 'Winds Of Change'. I don't
remember the tune - mostly just the title. It has always stuck with me.
During our set, Jeff tried to be funny and pandered to the folk audience
saying 'this next song is an Arlo Guthrie tune'. A few cheers rang out from
the back and Jeff turned red in the face and started rocking the lead
riff to Jailbreak by AC/DC.

Right now, the winds of change are blowing for me. Things just may hit
the wall in a little while, in many ways, but I can't speak directly about
that.

In time, it will all become clear. I had a great weekend hanging with my
friends Aaron, Matt, Mitch and Nic. We were celebrating Aaron's voyage
into marriage (which happens later this summer) by drinking at the
Mill St pub in Toronto (in the very cool distillery district), eating
a Michael Scott-sized plastic tub of cheezies, playing super mario kart
for the Wii, and eating massive steaks and uber-long double smoked
sausages. I may die soon...but I'll be happy.

The weekend was capped with a brutal ultimate game last night wherein
we were destroyed completely and I am left with aches and soreness
from dry-heave sprints. Hopefully, I will get some tennis in today.


website statistics