Monday, March 08, 2010

Handle Me With Care
I've been listening to a lot of Traveling Wilburys lately. Those
songs are glistening gems in a wheat field. As I prep to head out
east with Bren and Ben for Halifax, my thoughts become eager
and nervous all at once. I dream of the harbour and grabbing a
an average-weak coffee at Perks. I dream of drinking dark ale
with Owen at the Split Crow while ingesting the cornflake batter
wings (which the Crow is so famous for). I plan on seeing my old
friend Chuck while laughing about silly cerebral phrases with him.
I plan to see Marshy and have a few laughs while he sips whiskey.
I plan on being touristy and eclectic all in the same motion. I plan
on getting there and laying some pavement under the tires of Ben's
black sunfire. Much to come.

I hope the listeners hear well and drink well. I hope they don't
belt me to the curb.

Some places just make you feel young and old at the same time.

Halifax is one of those places.

website statistics