Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Variations on an Epistle. (Robert Johnson and Shakespeare gave me permission...)

Got to keep moving, got to keep moving, blues falling down like hail. I can't keep no money, there's a hell hound on my trail.
And here I sit, in chains, in jail. While the love of Christ moves without fail.
If the day was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow Christmas Day. All I would need is my sweet rider - to pass the time away.

But don't these chains mean freedom, a grace that's freer than the rain? And I've never felt such joy when those Philippians came...
But still! To live is Christ and to die is gain.
I long for the day when you all stand as one, where you will kick at the darkness 'till the light swiftly comes.
And it's been granted by Christ to suffer and believe, but His death is not something that we've had to grieve.
For His blood was shed freely and our old lives have past, and though I'm bonded by chains I feel freedom at last.
So until that day comes when all will bend their knee,
and so long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
so long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

website statistics