Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New To The Fam



Her name is Luca...She lives on the 7th floor...
(Actually, we live on the 2nd floor of our building. I was
just trying to be faithful to the original song.)
Sarah and I have a new addition to our fam - Luca. She
was taken into our home with Sarah as her foster parent
on March 3, 2008. She is friendly...yet still independent.
She likes to cuddle and find a warm place on your lap...
but on her watch.

Oh - and I almost forgot:

She's having kittens in a week or two. She's only one and
a half but she is learning about life quickly. Isn't that
always the way?

I never thought of myself as a cat person when I was
younger but Sarah's family used to have a cat named Luke.
Luke had a lot of charm, personality, independence and
cuddliness when he felt the urge. I think Luke started to
like me after I lived with Sarah's family for a while. We
understood each other. We both needed space but if we were
in the same spot, it was usually a good time. Luke used to
carry his fresh kills (mostly rodents and birds) to Sarah's
back door when she was young so that the family could
see his accomplishments. One day, Luke left the family
and never returned. Luke was an outdoor cat.
Luca has many similar features to Luke...hence the similar
name but in a female and unique context.

Ever thought about having a pet but didn't want the
responsibility of being a pet owner? I would suggest the
idea of foster parenting a pet. The Humane Societies are
full...everywhere. They'll provide you with litter, food and
any shots free of charge. Find out.

Gandalf could speak to the animals...and they could
understand him.





website statistics