Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Don't Come Around Here No More



I haven't been here in a while. My thematic poise has crumpled and is cowering in a dusty moving box in the recesses of my addled mind. That's the life of being a parent!

This blog is a luxury on a day where I have little booking or musician networking or show promo or social media conglomeration or miscellaneous tax/box work or new business opening discussions or grocery buying or baby helping.

Many paths have converged to bring me to this point. There are some regrets. There are some misty eyed past kaleidoscopic moments that make me look down the arid path of my youth, beset on all sides by dandelion memories and cross-pollenated and withered friendships.

But truly - you win some, and you lose some.

This saying usually applies to battles - but it rings true for people as well.

But as far as winning, I have won two of the best people in the randomized human lottery that no monetary amount could ever cover.

Jillian is the most beautiful, the most funny life partner I could ever have hoped to find. In all of my past relational yearnings, I could never find the right balance in another mate. I tried but the scales always tipped. J has it all. All I could ask for, and all that I yearn to come home to and discover new life adventures with. And Sloan - my sweet Lord. What a growing bundle of expression and joy and love and personality and cuteness and absolute wonder. I never knew that my heart could be so full and in pain for a human being, but I am definitely in deep. Deeper than I ever thought possible.

I think for a few years, I wanted a simple life - but my simple life involved playing music with friends, spending way too much time at a lake with people who smoke too many cigarettes and probably drinking more often than I needed to. Well, the music has picked up and is definitely frontal in the lobe of creativity and connection these days, and the drinking and smoking are way down on the priority list.

Creativity and connection are at the top. If I am not being creative in my artistic pursuits, I am lost. And if I am not connecting with my family and my neighbours and friends, what good am I?

Yeah - I don't come around here no more. But when I do, I am free.

website statistics