Monday, May 23, 2011

Tennis Elbow
 
I know - I'm a big yuppie for playing tennis.

Say what you will but this sport actually gets you moving in pretty
fast intervals and using muscles that you wouldn't ordinarily use.
It's good for the body, mind and soul and last year, I started getting
seriously addicted to playing tennis.

What grabs me about this sport is the constant movement. You
HAVE to move. It's not like baseball where you can camp out in
the outfield for hours and barely move a joint. You must be on the
go at all times (if you're playing it right).

When I'm on the tennis court, I don't overthink - I just react.
There are many more better and more experienced than me, and I
will never play at Wimbledon, but it brings something out in me.

It reminds me of childhood and family outings. It reminds me of
my cousins and aunts and uncles who grew up with me playing
it. The 'thock' of the ball makes me think of summer. The smell
of fresh tennis balls conjures up memories of my basement and
sporting closets.

I am your racketeer.

website statistics