Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Booking and Books
When you google the word 'booking', this is the first image that
pops up.

Rightfully so.

Booking is basically and extended version of balancing and
filling a calendar - but with so many variables. It's been a large
project for that has really sucked a lot of my soul and time.
I spend a lot of my day online - probably 8 hours or more.
People see me on facebook and say 'Matt - how do you have
so much time on your hands?' The right response would be
'Go f*ck yourself'. Actually scratch that - the right response
would be 'I use facebook, myspace, twitter and email as
networking tools for clients and email is where the real
brass tax business is done'. Email makes a hard copy form of
conversations. It also leaves a contractual footprint, if
need be, so I always know what's been said.

It's really tough, though, and most days I wake up and wish
I was just bartending again. I spend a lot of time talking to
people who don't seem to be there - but then, after about
20 emails, they show up. It's often like climbing a muddy
hill. You feel like you're going nowhere (and often, this is
the case) but then, all of a sudden, you're at the summit.

The afternoon light is closing in at 4:18 pm and I feel like
I should be doing more with my life but for now, it seems
like this is my lot.

Welcome December. May I book you up solid and fill a
book with entries of booked bands.

website statistics