Thursday, September 17, 2009

Closed Minds
I have no tolerance.

No patience.

No remorse.

No mercy.

For those who have grown up in the faith and who continue to
abuse His name and drag His goodness through the dirt.

I am a sinner - yes. I fuck up. I do stupid crap all of the time. I
swear. I drink. I get too heated when I should be calm - but aren't
these traits also gifts? Can they not be used for good?

When someone approaches me about 'swearing', I just want to
snap like Bill Murray in The Life Aquatic when the pirates invaded
his ship. It's uncalled for and completely asinine and point-
missing.

I need to consult the book.
Luke 24:45-53

45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise

from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins

will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what

my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed

with power from on high."

The Ascension
50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up
his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left
them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and
returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at
the temple, praising God.

website statistics